11-18-2017 09:51 PM
My Canon Pixma MX922 won't connect to my wireless connection. All my other wireless devices are working properly. This is the same wireless connection the printer has been on for a year. I can't get it to connect to my hot spot either. It detects the wireless but won't connect. I get the "Connecting to access point..." message for a long time and then it times out. Help!
11-18-2017 10:13 PM
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac, or the device, you are trying to connect to.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF
11-18-2017 10:17 PM
I'm using Windows 7 but I don't know that the issue is with my computer. I can't print from my phone either and I've printed from it to the printer many times. I haven't had any issues with the wireless on other devices...it's just the printer.
11-21-2017 09:47 AM
If you move the pritner closer to the access point are you able to connect? It sounds like you are not receiving a strong signal.
To connect your PIXMA MX922 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:
1. Turn your PIXMA MX922 on.
2. Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.
3. Use the arrow buttons to select WLAN Setup and press OK.
4. Press the STOP button (to select Other setup options).
5. Select Standard setup and press OK.
6. Select your wireless network name from the list that appears and press OK.
7. Press OK to access the on screen keyboard and enter in your wireless network password. Please note that this password is case sensitive and if it is entered incorrectly, your PIXMA MX922 will not connect to your network. To switch between upper case letters, lower case letters and special characters, please use the middle function button below the LCD of your PIXMA MX922.
8. Press the left function button under the word "Done" once the password is entered.
9. Press the left function button under the word "End Setup".
10. Press OK once your PIXMA MX922 is connected to your wireless network.
Your PIXMA MX922 will now be connected to your wireless network.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
09-30-2018 01:59 PM
I did try the steps that you provide but I still have the problem.
I selected "Standard setup" and press OK, a list of wireless network name was listed but my WiFi name was not there. Then I tried to directly entered my wireless network name , it said "was not detected".This is the same wireless connection the printer has been on for a few month and lost connection last Firday.
Your help in this matter would be great approceated!
10-15-2018 03:42 PM
My MX922 printer does not detect my network. The screen shows other networks in my neighborhood; but not mine. i tried directly entering the network ID and stil no luck. How do I get the printer to "detect" my network. Before I went on vacation, the printer was working OK. Don't know what happened in the interim. HELP!!!
10-15-2018 03:52 PM
Make sure that the SSID is being broadcasted by your router. Also, make sure that the router is operating on the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The MX922 cannot connect to 5.0 GHz networks.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
12-10-2018 07:11 PM
I am having the same problem. I called Canon for technical support and they told me that the MX922 printer can only connect through 2.4ghz wifi. And it turns out that my router (which is pretty old) is having problems sending the 2.4ghz signal. So if your router/modem only supports 5ghz, you will need to get a dual band router. Hope this helps.