cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 test page good but will not print documents in black ink

cmax44
Apprentice

MX922 was working perfectly and I love this printer. A few days ago, it failed to print an on-line tax return. Assumed there was some problem with the web site so I just saved it as a pdf. Then it happend again...prints color fine but nothing in black. Nozzle check/test page is perfect but did a cleaning anyway. Still the same. Happens with most WORD documents but one I created 4/5/16 will print--one I created 4/6 will not. So far all Acrobat & html docs are affected. Have deleted and added printer but that did not help. I have never been able to use as wireless so it is plugged into USB.

OS MAC el Capitan. Recently installed Family Tree Maker and perhaps an MS Office update. 

Will appreciate any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. You are correct...I did not realize there were supposed to be two black grids on the test page. I called tech support and we are working on it. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

cmax44
Apprentice

Forgot to add that it will also not copy a document from glass when I select "black" but will copy if I select "color"   but not a good copy.

Hello.

Double check your latest nozzle check printout to confirm whether or not the PGBK grid is printing at the top of the pattern.  It should be above the two cyan bars.

If the grid is missing, try performing 1-2 deep cleanings to see if this will help.

If you continue to have difficulties with this issue, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply. You are correct...I did not realize there were supposed to be two black grids on the test page. I called tech support and we are working on it. 

did you find a solution for this?? I am having this same problem

Horrible online support and horrible printer functionality.   If it prints black on the test page next to the colors, it should be able to print black on a non-test page. 

Im having the same problem.   It prints 3 rows of different shades of fblue, 3 rows of different shades of red, 1 row of yellow, then 1 row of black.  To the left of all of these 8 rows, it prints diffferent shades of gray-black.   Above the 3 rows of blue, it very faintly prints some black, so faint, that its almost nothing.

It seems that this problem is not a bug, but a feature.

Deep cleaning twice worked for me.

The deep cleaning fixed it for me too!

tytyguy
Apprentice

try to use a online test page generator like printertestpage.org

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements