cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 pulling in multiple pages when printing

chips
Apprentice

MX922 - couple weeks old. Has been functioning fine in excellent photo printing.

But, when page printing on premium grade paper ( 20 or 24lb) the printer has the very annoying tendency to grab up 2 or more pages at the same time.

Paper is fanned ( fluffed up) before inserting into the tray and squared up

Paper tray is properly adjusted.

Tray is properly inserted.

Will print fine and then will drag in 2 or more pages in. Print a couple fine and then 3 pages get drawn in. I pull out the tray and check the paper and I see no issues. Have removed the paper and fan it and hope for the best.

This is really annoying when doing duplex printing let alone on single sided.

I have now tried this with 3 different brands of name brand paper.

Scanned this forum and haven't seen any similar reports.

Just ocurred again when trying to print 17 pages 2 paged and 3 pieces were drawn in.

Suggestions?  Ideas?

A great printer otherwise.

3 REPLIES 3

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi chips,

Is your paper measured in g/m2?  If so, we recommend the paper be between 64 to 105 g/m2. This measurement is much more reliable for determining your paper compatibility (especially with thicker paper).  Additionally, it may help to perform a roller cleaning on your printer.  For more information on this process, please review the following article from our Knowledge Base: Cleaning the Paper Feed Roller - MX922.  

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Georgia Pacific Premium - 24lb with 90g/m2.

I THINK I made the problem go away with the menu setting about Prevent Paper Abrasion.

Since I did this it has printed flawlessly on single sided or duplex. I even tried the other HP Premium 20 ib and NO issues.

4 sessions and it has been working as it should for a brand new printer.

Thanks.

Will keep your other suggestions in mind if it reppears.

Ciao

Wow. So we're screwed basically - we have been printing our brochures on 48lb paper for almost a decade.... 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements