cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 problems with wireless and wired printing?

coadman
Apprentice

First, I have cats, and the cats sometimes lay on my printer and when the get off, they sometimes press numerous buttons.  Im guess this is how the problem started?  Anyway, I suddenly could not print from my ipad or iphones throughout the house like I normally do.  I could always print from computer to printer as it is a wired connection from printer to router to computer.  After calling canon support, who by the way was not very helpful, I finally re established my wireless connection with my ipads and iphones.  But now, I have lost communication with my computer.  I cannot seem to figure out what has gone wrong?  Whenever I try to print any item from my computer, box appears in lower right of screen stating "printer not responding", and the item is left in the queue.  The printer has been checked as the "active printer".  What am I missing?  I am using Windows 7.

thanks,

Jim Coady

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jim Coady,

Let me start by saying that I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience when calling in for support. As a Canon customer, your satisfaction with our products and service is very important to us.

To begin troubleshooting, I will need to have you print the network settings sheet from your printer. This will help narrow down why the printer is not responding. Please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings.

Once the network settings print, please reply with the following items from the sheet: Connection, does the SSID match the name of your network?, and  Signal Strength.

We look forward to your reply.

I called back into Canon Support a few days ago, and this time I was connected to a wonderful lady who was really concerned and patient with me as we tried to work out the problem.  After about 30-45 minutes, she had me up and going again, and things are all working perfectly!  I only wish I could remember he name to give her proper credit on this forum.

thanks,

Jim Coady

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements