Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Pixma MX922 printing blank pages

Had this problem printing from notepad...blank page

Printed to PDF and print from Adobe ... blank page

Copy from Notepad and paste to Excel ... printed fine.

Tried printing from notepad ... blank page

Changed font in Notepad...printed fine !!!

Changed back to original font in notepad...printed fine!!!

So my guess is that that font in the printer's memory was blank, so it was effecively printing every chanracter as a space.

New Contributor

My MX922 now lives in a landfill having been replaced with an Epson 2750. I've never looked back. You may or may not be right about the font issue, but so many people have experienced this problem that it's no longer worth the effort to even try and fix it.

For the record, this is the second Canon product that has fallen apart in a short time. I'll never invest in a Canon product again.

New Contributor

Not sure if someone provided this answer already, but I downloaded and reinstalled the printer driver and it fixed my problem of blank pages...https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/product-finder/support-printers?cm_sp=CSO-...

Hope this help someone.

New Contributor

Thank you very much for this info. It worked for me. K
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this link as it worked for me also.
Occasional Contributor

I downloaded and reinstalled the printer driver as suggested by bgparks...and it worked for 7 whole days but now my printer has again regressed to printing only blank pages.....so I tried to repeat the download and installation process again, but this time it didn't solve the problem.
I am now beginning to believe that this printer was a waste of money as is very poor quality and totally unreliable as others have said. 

mmc
New Contributor

This worked.  I didn't remove the print head, but the hard reset got everything working again!  Thanks! 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just adding my story in case it's helpful. Mine wasn't this model but same problem. Talked with tech support, did all his recs, and he said it's done and to buy a new one. I just didn't want to give up so easily. I did the "align print head automatically" step, which he didn't suggest. It gave me an error code saying it could not complete, so I followed instructions I found somewhere  that said to remove cartridges, unplug, hold power button for 60 seconds. Felt weird, but I thought what the heck! When I turned printer back on, I was able to complete the head alignment. Then I tried the nozzle check and it printed! And then copied!!! I think there was a glitch in the system somewhere and obvioulsy not a hardware issue. So there's something else to try? Oh, and I prayed! Just saying! Smiley Wink