cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 paper output tray

pauldavid
Apprentice

Just bought the Pixma MX922. Only problem is with the paper output tray - the output tray extension does not flip out when the output tray opens. My printed paper falls on the floor. Anything I can do to fix?

4 REPLIES 4

wizard_chef
Contributor

All I can figure out is this is a monumental design flaw. I have an MX 472 that does the same thing. The paper output tray extension is so short, an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of paper, when printed, simply fall onto the floor.

If anybody from Canon is reading this, I hope I am missing something here. My extension tray is 5 1/4" long when fully extended. An 11" piece of paper lying in the tray will have 5 3/4" of its length hanging out of the tray, meaning gravity takes over and the page fall out of the tray.

Didn't Canon mechanical engineers take a statics course when they got their degrees???

Algebravic
Apprentice

I wish that someone would reply to this.   I have exactly the same problem.  The output tray extension doesn't flip out when the output tray is opened.  I've tried to extend it manually by inserting a pen into the opening on the right.  It will extend, but then it flips back on its own.  Any suggestions?

hollarnj
Apprentice
This seems to be a mechanical failure over time. same issue here after just over a year and noticed the same issue and paper falling on the floor instead of resting on the tray extension. Inserting an object can extend the tray but as soon as the door closes it's done and will not reopen unless provoked. There should be a fix but these posts are old enough no one has offered a solution.

wizard_chef
Contributor
It seems to be a huge design flaw. Truly amazing from a company like Canon, who, by the way, is silent on this subject.
Announcements