cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 not printing in ms edge or MS Word

Minnow312
Apprentice

Greeting!

I am using Windows 10 Home version 1803 build 17134590. My MX 922 was working great for over a year. Then I started having problems Jan 31, 2019. My printer stopped printing in MS Word and MS Edge (PDF viewer in Edge).

I have downloaded the most current drivers from 2016,  deleted the printer in controll manager, installed, reinstalled, turned off PC, turned off printer etc. Nothing makes it work in these to programs. Out of desperation, I have converted word documents to PDF files & printed in purchased PDF program. 

Everything else workksm even my scanner.  I get no error message. The print queue either gets stuck with the print job & I have to  delete it manually from the system32 directory. Or it will print only the image & not the verbiage. 

Any suggestions. It took a while but I have found that the problem lies only with the MS programs. 

Suggestions? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Minnow312,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

boerelul
Apprentice

I'm having the same trouble printing in MS Word -- after years of printing fine.  I've tried turning everything off and back on, checking the print queu (which showed nothing backed up), but no luck.  Occasionally I can print one page (the current one on my screen), but that's all.  I too have Windows 10.  I also tried reducing the size of my document, because Word seemed to freeze up when I ordered the printer to print a numbjer of pages, but that did not solve the problem.  

Hi boerelul,

Are you able to print from any other programs (other than Word)  ?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements