cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 drivers won't install on windows 10

shsesc
Apprentice

I have connected the MX922 to my wireless router via wifi, but not WPS.  I manually entered the password.  I downloaded the drivers from canon support and it can't find the printer.  

The printer shows up as an unknown printer in windows device manager, when I try to install the drivers windows finds automatically it fails saying it isn't signed or not signed properly.  

Please help.  I can't print form my computer now.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi shsesc,

Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. Please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

floridafairy
Contributor

As of October 2020 when I got my new Dell Windows 10 pro version Cannon PIXMA MX922 had new drivers for Windows 10, and I downloaded and installed them on my laptop. I had to "jumpstart" the wireless feature after I unsuccessfully tried to connect with the printer wirelessly, which was kind of weird by actually hooking my laptop up to the printer with a cable. While going through those steps, the laptop then triggered the wireless function and walah! it was printing to my Cannon printer wirelessly. I disconnected the cable and everything was working properly with no further issues.  It was weird, but worked.  I was thrilled my old printer worked with Windows 10 as I really love my Cannon MX922 printer and wasn't looking forward to having to purchase a new printer.  

So, if you have a new Windows 10 computer or laptop and can't get your Cannon MX922 to work with it, just keep fiddling because you should be able to trigger it, you may just have to find that weird workaround for the software to kick in.

Announcements