cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 Won't Print Any Longer

Bussaroow
Apprentice

Ink on printed lines of documents started to disappear.  I cleaned using "regular" setting twice and deep cleaned once.  After cleaning, test page printed out fine and showed colors and black now all OK.  However, when I attempted to print a new document (over WiFi set up), pages would come blank.  Used both PC and Mac laptop with same result.  Same problem when trying to print copy directly off scanner.  I turned unit OFF and restarted but no help.  I installed latest driver and aligned print heads, but no resolution.  Test pages to confirm cleaning and print head alignment show color and black images - but when documents sent to printer for printing, pages come out blank.  Suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi Bussaroow,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-251M  magenta
CLI-251BK  black
CLI-251Y  yellow
PGI-250BK black
CLI-251C  cyan

Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1.  Press the MENU button.

4-2.  Press the Setup button.

4-3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this message.

If they differ, perform a few cleanings.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning:

1.  Press the MENU button.

2.  Press the Setup button.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?   If the issue continues,it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes - the ink tanks are in the correct order, and if you've read my description of the problem, you would have seen that I've already done the suggested cleaning and print tests.

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements