cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 Not Responding

GovernorJason
Apprentice

This is something that just happens out of the blue,  it will print fine one second and the next, absolutely nothing.  In the print queue it will show the document printing and in the status section say "Error-Printing."  Sometimes,  the printer box pops up to display the error and say "Printer not responding," and this is still persisting even after I just reinstalled the software.  Any ideas what this is or how to fix it?  It printed the test page fine after reinstallation of the software.  This is on a Windows 7 machine connected via USB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the error persists after the drivers have been reinstalled, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the error persists after the drivers have been reinstalled, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i found the best way is to uninstall the 922 software and reinstall it ..i think  it will work then..

That did not work for me, and I had to call Dell Support to have the printer reconnected to the computer.  This happens all the time.  I have to unplug the printer and the router and then plug it back in again, and then it will print.

sheikxlove
Apprentice

Hi! I have issues with this problem. I've been dealing with this for months and could not get it to work. I finally called tech support and they were able to help. I couldnt keep the information to myself, because this was extremely frustating. My printer could not be detected by the laptop. I tried using the IP address to locate my printer, my laptop couldnt detect it. I went on the canon website to install the drivers but the drivers are not able to be installed since the laptop cannot detect the printer. I called tech support. These steps were provided

I. Make sure that the printer is connected to the network, (Printer Menu, WLAN Set up, Either set it up with the password or use the WPS push button method) I used the push button method.  Printer was connect to the network.

ENSURE that you're computer and printer are on the same network. My computer could not detect the printer. 

Canon advised to unplug my router and plug it back in. After waiting for my router to set up the wifi network. 

Canon advised to go back to the installing the driver software. My computer was finally able to detect the printer and I was able to install the drivers.

I was able print again!!

I was so happy!

Announcements