cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 - BK appears to be out of alignment. PGBK, C, M, Y all (relatively) perfect.

jurassicfrog
Apprentice

Hey all, I've actually submitted this to Canon support, but I thought I'd bring up the issue since it's pretty strange and I would think that anyone familiar with it might see this post and go... "Oh hey, I know that!"

So... Pixma MX922... I appear to be having issues with BK (not PGBK). Text is distorted, or "fat" (wider than it should be and fuzzy) and if it's small text you can see what appears to be a duplicate offset, what I believe is the difference between the PGBK and BK... it appears the dye black is out of alignment independently from the colors and PGBK as evidenced from the print head check page.

The solid rectangular bars to the left and right of PGBK are crisp and solid, as is the grid to the right. The bars of black to the left and right of C, M, Y, and BK are distorted, getting fatter to the center of the bar. The actual color samples are all a solid crisp rectangle but the BK pattern is also distended on the sides.

Here's an example of the print check: i.imgur.com/Bt8SYer.jpg

Steps I've taken:
cleaned heads (incl. deep cleaning)
cleaned timing strip
aligned heads automatically and manually.

Ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi jurassicfrog,

if performing the alignments, print head cleanings and cleaning of the timing encoder film of the printer did not resolve the error, the printer will require servicing; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements