cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX700 message "Ink Absorber almost full. What software can I download to resolve?

Ric
Apprentice

Does anyone know a good video or software that can help me fix my problem as stated in the subject?

Thanks

Ric

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Ric,

The printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At that point, printing is still possible by pressing the <OK> button to cancel the error.  You are still able to print for a short period of time, but to protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

Canon recommends having the printer serviced to have the waste ink absober replaced; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements