cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX532 Scanner Utility Does not Work (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error 4294967249.)

BellaBlue06
Apprentice

I have tried everything and I still cannot get the Canon IJ Scanner Utility to work with my Pixma MX532

I am running MacOS Catalina latest version 10.15.3 on a Macbook Pro brand new last year. 

This printer is new and a replacement for the same model I had that jammed badly a few months ago. Printing is no issue but I cannot scan at all.

I reset my wifi and printer several times. I reconnected the printer to the wifi. I downloaded installed the scanner driver (ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a (Mac)) and software (IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.7 (Mac)) repeatedly and it just says it cannot find the scanner and gives me this message when I open the IJScan utility and click scan:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error 4294967249.)

I have gotten a program called VueScan to work but you have to pay to remove the watermark so I don't understand why I can't use the cannon scanner software I've paid for. I have sharing on in the printer/scanner settitngs as well. 

if I go to set up a new printer/scanner though it says Canon MX530 series - Bonjour Malfunction. 

Repeatedly restarting my computer and apps, and wifi and printer has not helped. Please somebody I don't understand why I can't scan.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BellaBlue06,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click once on the Canon MX532 and then [-] to remove it.  Repeat until all MX532's are gone.

4.  Close the Printers window.

5.  Click once on desktop so Finder appears in upper left corner.

6.  To the right, click on GO and then click on Go to folder

7.  In that box, please type:

/Library/Image Capture/Devices

and then click Go

8.  Remove all Canon folders.

9.  Close that window.

10.  Click on GO and then the Appications folder.

11.  Click on the Canon Utilities folder.

12.  Remove the IJ Scan Utility folder.

13.  Reboot the computer once complete.

When the computer restarts, please install ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a and then the IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.7 and then attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements