cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX512 Won't Complete Auto Alignment

cdrisc
Apprentice

I have been trying to get my printer to do the auto alignment and cannot get the process to complete. It will print about half of the auto align page, and then it stops and gives me an error saying I need to turn it off. The light blinks yellow twice. I've read that means there is an issue with the paper being loaded incorrectly or jammed but there are no problems with the paper. I can print other test pages, nozzle cleaning pages, etc without issue and can print from my computer to the printer fine - it will print the full sheet, but it's not aligned properly.

I already replaced both ink cartridges, and also uninstalled the printer completely from my computer and reinstalled both drivers and the printer and still having this issue.

I tried to call Canon for help, but could not get through to anyone without registering the product. I have tried to register it but am not finding the serial number on it after looking everywhere. I purchased this new in 2012 which I realize it is getting older but since everything is still functioning beyond the alignment, I would like to continue to use it if possible. HELP!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you have performed:

All maintenance tasks (or tried)

Checked for proper loading alignment

Replaced inks

Tired using different paper

Ensured no obstructions exist

Replaced inks

Removed and reseated the print head

Uninstalled and reinstalled..  etc

and still cannot print, the device will likely require service.  

A that point, it will likely be better to replace it from a cost perspective.  The cost of shipping and repair will likely exceed the cost of replacement.  Don't forget to factor in your time which is also valuable.  Getting 8 yrs from any consumer printer is good by todays manufacturing standards.  Not to mention the improvements which will have been made since its release many years ago.     

I understand how you feel and hate to throw things away that work...  but have been left behind due to technology improvements..  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case here.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you!! I think the only thing i have not tried is removing and reseating the print head but i have no idea how to do that. I hate to throw this out since i just installed the new ink cartridges yesterday...ugh!!! $$$

Greetigs,

Check this as well.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137582

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetigs,

Check this as well.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137582

Thank you so much for the suggestions!! i will give this a shot. 🙂

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements