cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492

cwrightart
Apprentice

I just recently purchased this printer and I'm attempting to print from macOS Mojave.  I keep getting the message, The printer is performing another operation.  It has yet to print.  Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cwrightart,

When you open printers and scanners, how is the printer listed( MX490 series IJ Network, Airprint)?. We will also need to know if you installed the MX490 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.20.0.0 and if you connected the printer wirelessly or with a usb cord.

We look forward to your reply.

If this is a time sensitive matter, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

It is listed as MX490 series and it is connected via USB.  I have been asked twice if I'd like to download the software and I end up getting a message stating, Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.  The computer is a Mac Mini with Mojave.

Hi cwrightart,

Go into Printers&Scanners again and select your pritner on the left side of that window and then select the - button to remove it. Once the printer is removed restart your computer and once the computer comes back up please click HERE to open the driver page for your printer.

You will then want to reinstall the MX490 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.20.0.0 and ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a. Once the files are downloaded, please open your recent downloads and run the installer for each file.

Now that the files and been reinstalled, please go back to Printers&Scanners and add the printer back on and try to print.

If you are still unable to print or there is a issue with downloading the driver, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Announcements