cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492 won't print black with brand new Canon black and color cartridges

mamag843
Apprentice

I've replaced the ink in this printer with legitimate Canon cartridges and it's still saying the black one is low.  I've done all the reset options people have recommended in other posts and it doesn't work.  I've run it through all the cleaning and maintenance options that it has.  And apparently I have to pay to talk to someone about it.  I might as well put that money towards a new printer.  When I print something it prints it in gray scale. Where there should be a bar code, there is just the outline.IMG-1349.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Start by printing a nozzle check.  Details on this process can be found at THIS LINK.  Once the pattern has printed, compare your print with the example at THIS LINK.

If the nozzle check prints incorrectly, make sure that the bright orange tape has been removed from the bottom of each cartridge and perform cleanings to see if this corrects the nozzle check results. 

If the nozzle check prints correctly, the issue may be related to the file itself or the program that you are printing from.  Try opening the shipping label from a different web browser to see if the results improve when a different program is used.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements