cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492 error code B204

Massey
Apprentice

Hi, 
On Monday the printer was perfect. I print through my iPhone. Since yesterday the screen displays a code of B204. It also says to unplug. I unplugged for hours. I re-plug it same code appears with same instructions. I did a hard reset the error code reappears again. I did change an cartridge. It was sitting in the same spot for 2 years. Customer service won't help unless I pay a fee. Does anyone know how can I fix this and what does it mean?

14 REPLIES 14

gofurself
Apprentice

Same problem here.

None of the hints helped.

This is really unbelievable. Waste of my expensive time and money.

Never again I will buy a conon printer!

Yes this is disgraceful, programmed obsolecance.  Mine was put into ewaste. I since purchased a Canon MG 3060 and it too started trowing fatel errors whch I twice resolved by changing cartriges that were still full of ink so you dont get to use all the ink even though the ink cost more than the printer.

Yes I was stupid enough to buy another Canon and I deserve no better, agreed.

marob
Apprentice

Probably electrical fault in the ink cartridge. Replace with new cartridge and it should work. Common with refilled/aftermarket cartridges.

tonyr63
Contributor

It was nothing to do with ink cartridges as i was using genuine Canon and fitted new onces too which made no difference.  I also have a Canon (worse luck) MG 3060 which does something similar suddenly rejecting new genuine cartages forcing us to put you printer into landfill and discard and unused stored cartages you might have in stock. Canon with their printers are environmental vandals and their disgraceful business model should be made illegal.

Xomoni91
Apprentice

I’m having this issue too. How to fix it?

Announcements