03-18-2020 11:58 AM
On Monday the printer was perfect. I print through my iPhone. Since yesterday the screen displays a code of B204. It also says to unplug. I unplugged for hours. I re-plug it same code appears with same instructions. I did a hard reset the error code reappears again. I did change an cartridge. It was sitting in the same spot for 2 years. Customer service won't help unless I pay a fee. Does anyone know how can I fix this and what does it mean?
03-18-2020 04:10 PM
To try to resolve the B204 error, please follow the following steps:
1. Turn your PIXMA MX492 off using the power button.
2. Lift up the scanning unit (printer cover) then place the scanning unit support into position.
3. Remove any orange protective tape and the protective material that may be present.
4. Please check for jammed paper:
4-1. Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Rear Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.
4-2. If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, turn the machine off, open the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) and remove it. Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.
5. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) slightly to set the scanning unit back to its original position and then gently close scanning unit.
6. Reload paper on the multi-purpose tray.
7. Press the power button to turn on your MX492.
8. If the Alarm light remains on after powering up the MX492, open the cover again.
9. Remove each cartridge.
10. Unplug the power cord from the back of the PIXMA MX492.
11. Reconnect the power cord and turn the unit on.
12. Reinsert the cartridges.
13. After the cartridges have been reseated, close the cover.
14. Fan a new stack of paper then try to print again.
If the B204 error returns, please try 2 new ink cartridges.
If the issue persists, your PIXMA MX492 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.