cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX492 Skips Pages In Duplex Printing

Helind
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MX492 that is approximately 5 years old. Recently the duplex printing feature started acting weird. It only prints both sides on some pages. For example, it will print on page 1 but not on page 2, then print on both sides of pages 3 and 4. It seems to do this randomly. Any ideas? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Helind,

If the paper is feeding through the printer and not jamming, it looks like it might be a settings/driver issue. To provide the proper trouble shooting steps, I would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can assist further.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What program are you printing from?
  3. When the duplex print skips a page, is the page missing from the document or is it moved to the next page?

Hey Hector!

Thank you so much for reponding, but I figured it out myself. The roller was sometimes grabbing two sheets of paper instead of one. I used the "clean roller" feature. It seems to be working now, but if it starts up again, I plan to buy a roller cleaning sheet and run it through. I guess it was just a coicindence that it grabed two pages the in same place in the document two times. Weird, right? 

Thanks again!

Helen

Announcements