cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX472 Printer Works UNTIL ....

Southern-Belle
Apprentice

heyal,

i'm going crazy!!! i've been at this for over 3 hrs and am asking for help here and thanks in advance for any advice!

Details:

pixma mx472 

setup wifi ....done 

cleaned film ...done

checked paper jams ...done

windows setup ....done

every time i add paper to print i get an error code 5100, had one that was a 200 code but only once and hasn't come back.

oh forgot printed test page and it came out splotchy so i go to align printer head and wham here comes the error 5100 again.

so adding paper trying to align heads constant error code 5100.  i did have a horrible noise but only 1x and is all better so what can i do to fix this my other printer is out of black ink and needed to print so i pulled out my 2nd printer to print some manuals i needed for my web page templates which by the way is kicking my @ss so i need to print and this printer is making every possible block by giving me errors on every thing i do!

please help u can email me at [email address removed per forum guidelines] ...PLEASE ONLY FOR THIS ISSUE NO SPAM OR AD'S

thanks its 12.50am and really need help asap!

thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, Southern-Belle!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Southern-Belle,

The 5100 error is a generic internal error code, it could mean one of many things. To try to resolve the 5100 error, please follow the following steps:

1. Turn the unit off using the power button.

2. Lift up the scanning unit (printer cover) then place the scanning unit support into position.

3. Remove any orange protective tape and the protective material that may be present.

4. Please check for jammed paper:

4-1. Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Rear Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.

4-2. If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, turn the machine off, open the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) and remove it. Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.

5. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) slightly to set the scanning unit back to its original position and then gently close scanning unit.

6. Reload paper on the multi-purpose tray.

7. Press the power button to turn on your MX472.

8. If the Alarm light remains on after powering up the MX472, open the cover again.

9. Remove each cartridge.

10. Unplug the power cord from the back of the PIXMA MX472.

11. Reconnect the power cord and turn the unit on.

12. Reinsert the cartridges.

13. After the cartridges have been reseated, close the cover.

14. Fan a new stack of paper then try to print again.

If the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Josh_Kemmer
Enthusiast

Error 5100 in Canon Printers usually means that there's something that is blocking / hindering the cartridge movement. That might be the case on your printer as you have heard a noise. There might be still jammed paper in the gears or at the back. 

Happiness for your Printer
Announcements