cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX350 will print but not scan on LAN

robinmcneil
Apprentice

I recently replaced my MX350 printer with an identical new machine.  I use Windows10 and a wireless connection (which is strong).  Since swapping to the new printer, I can print without problem, but, when I try to scan from my computer I get an error message telling me it cannot communicate with the printer.  I can scan/copy using the controls on the printer, so the physical scan unit is operational, but I have no way to save to a file.  I have tried re-booting my computer and the printer and even uninstalled the printer and re-installed it, all to no avail.  Next move?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi robinmcneil.

Is the new printer a current model?  If it is a newer model then it will use a different scanning software to operate; install the drivers and scanning software that came with the unit.  The Full Driver & Software Package for our newer printers may be found through the Canon IJ Setup website: https://ij.start.canon

If the model is another MX350, you will want to remove the MP Driver and scanning software, then download and reinstall the latest version from the MX350 Drivers & Downloads page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi robinmcneil.

Is the new printer a current model?  If it is a newer model then it will use a different scanning software to operate; install the drivers and scanning software that came with the unit.  The Full Driver & Software Package for our newer printers may be found through the Canon IJ Setup website: https://ij.start.canon

If the model is another MX350, you will want to remove the MP Driver and scanning software, then download and reinstall the latest version from the MX350 Drivers & Downloads page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have had the problem solved by phoning the technical support line.  Not sure what he did as he took control of my machine, but the end result is I'm a happy camper with a fully functional scanner.  I had the model number wrong - it is a PIXMA MX532. Thanks for your response.

Announcements