cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 920

davecanon
Apprentice

I have a model MX920 that is connected to my home network via Ethernet.  We have two desktops that communicate perfectly with the printer (printing and scanning) with just about perfect results.

But when I use my laptop which is connected to the same hub over wifi, it appears to find the printer but nothing is ever printed.

Is it possible to mix and match wifi with ethernet or can someone please suggest how I might print from the laptop?

There are no outstanding updates for the Canon firmwre and all computers mentioned are using latest version of Windows 10.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks... Dave

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Dave,

There is no requirement that all network devices need to be wired to print successfully.  If properly configured, any device that connects to your network (wired or wireless) can and should be able to print.  This includes mobile devices. 

What is the printers IP address

Can you PING it (from the laptop)

Did you run set up and install the device on the laptop?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements