cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 892 Won't Turn On

Mortypie
Apprentice

My Pixma MX892, which I would guess is a little over a year old, has suddenly stopped working.  I was able to print just two days ago, but now the unit will not turn on at all.  Yes it is plugged in and yes the cord is connected to the unit.  It simply won't start no matter how many times the power button is pushed or how long it is held down.  Is this a known issue and what might be a way to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mortypie, turnem and ticarre:

Please follow these steps to try and resolve the issue:

1.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in.  Sometimes one port on a surge protector will work, while another will not, so we recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

2.  If the printer reset didn't work, please try to plug the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible and try to turn the unit on.

3.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please try to use that power cord to see if this will power the unit on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

218 REPLIES 218

So what was their solution?

@gdelprete wrote:

I experienced the same problem with a dead pixma. I called cannon and explained the problem and though they didnt resolve the issue in this call, I explained I was not satisfied with the help I received in the call and the issue was not resolved and they called me and have resolved the issue.Printer is working great now. Thanks cannon for your help with this. I've gone from sour to sweet. 

gdelprete,

It sure would be nice if you could share your fix with the group.  It's kinda why we're all here.

For Ultramagnetic74 and gdelprete -

Thanks for your input. 

I think if you did a survey of all the customers on this thread, you would find that

almost all of them did the "unplug it, wait ten minutes, plug back in and press

power on button five times (or was it ten times?)"  suggestion from the customer

support at Canon.  And I think almost to a person, it didn't work.  Neither did moving

it to a different outlet, or opening the case and tickling it's fancy.

Ultramagnetic74, if it worked for you, buy lottery tickets - lots of them.

gdelprete, I'm glade you got your printer working.  I have a few questions, like

most of the people on this thread - first, what did they have you do? 

Maybe they have come up with a different fix from the ones they told me when

I first called.  Let us all know, and we'll all give it a try.

Second, is your printer still working?

As you can read in my first (?) post here, my printer did all kinds of things when

I tried their suggestions, except print (or scan, or fax).

So, please, let us know what you did.

Thanks

-B

Hmmmmm another one of my posts have been deleted.

@bnio wrote:

Hmmmmm another one of my posts have been deleted.

Um, I'm too scared to write anything the least bit negative.  If I do I'll be banned again for 9996 mins which =167 hours which = ~ one week........6.9 days.  Canon?  Why are you so mean!

Has anyone heard back from gdelprete  or ultramagnetic74?

I would like to try these fixes, but if no one's telling, it's hard to try.

BNIO - sorry to hear about your posts.  Maybe you should try posting again?

I know I would like to hear your opinion.

-B

I obviously can only speak to my experience, and the instructions they gave me worked.. There was no explanation of why it happened or what happened, but the printer is still working, haven't had the issue again. My students use it almost daily.

Obviously pt 2, if this many people are having the same issue, Canon has a problem they need to address.. Nevertheless, just thought I'd share what worked for me, because I ended up here looking good for a solution.

Thank you Ultramagnetic74.

I'm a guessen what ever the problem was with your printer must have

been different than what is happening to others.

Good luck with your printer.  Please let us know if you have any problems again

i.e: it stops working, etc..

-B

Wow.. add me to the list. 19 months old PIXMA892... stopped working suddenly. And won't power on. Canon, you are ruining your image by not doing something meaningful about this issue.

Hi Canon Support

My PIXMA MX892 just stop working, I tried everything to do in order to see if it would turn on, but no luck.  I changed the location of the printer and still no luck.

The printer would beep and a couple of secs of screen pop-up and thats it.  I hit the "ON" button but no luck.

I even tried to reinstall the software but no luck there.

What is the solution that Canon is providing for this printer, this is not even a year old printer and I barely use it.

Now this is furstrating...for a quality company to have a printer problem like this.

Thanks

Announcements