cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 860 scanner not working

Nolzfan91
Apprentice

I had to reinstall the drivers for my Pixma MX 860 (several times) because my wireless connections got messed up.  I got the printer reconnected, but now the scanner isn't working. I've tried downloading it several times, and I can't get it to work.  Every time you download the drivers, it installs a new copy onto the computer.  Any ideas on what's going on?  It was working just fine before the issue with the internet.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Nolzfan91,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer? 

Also lets check the printers wireless signal. Please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings and then let us know what the signal strength is.

We look forward to your reply.

I'm using Win7 (SP1) Home Premium, 64-bit.  My internet connection is fine because I can print from the printer.  That was the initial issue; I lost my internet connection when Spectrum messed up my wi-fi.  I managed to get the printer re-connected, but I've lost the scanner part.

Nolzfan91
Apprentice

Someone sent a reply asking if reconnecting the internet solved th eproblem...no, it did not. That is why I am writing to this forum.  I still lhave no scanner function.

Announcements