cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP990 Paper Jam.Took the printer apart.Now there's a piece that won't let the top close.

AVC
Apprentice

Hello. 

Essentially, the paper ripped inside the printer - I could get some of it out the back cover but not all.  So I took the screws out of the back and opened the printer up to get the paper out. 

In the midst of this, a black, plastic part on the inside left side [as you are facing it] that props up the scanner surface will not go back down into the printer, so I can't close the top. 

Thoughts?  Please and thank you!

AVC

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi AVC,

The printer would require service at that point but be advised the MP990 has been retired. I would recommend the Canon Upgrage Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements