cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP800

ColinVogt
Apprentice

I recently bought a new desktop PC with Windows 8.1 (64bit) OS installed. I thought it would be easy to set up my faithful Pixma MP800 - but NO! It seems that Canon doesn't like my printer anymore and refuses to provide a suitable driver to make it work. I do not want to throw this (pretty expensive when I bought it) printer away as it has great features like CD printing, photo negative & slide scanning. Not to mention that I bought 3 complete sets of Canon replacement ink tanks relatively recently. Can anyone help me get my printer working again?

1 REPLY 1

ColinVogt
Apprentice

Thank you all for your useful contributions!

For any other poor soul out there who has an PIXMA MP800, the solution is to download the MP800 MP Driver Ver 1.11 and the MP Navigator Ver 2.02 for Windows 7 and run them on Windows 8.1 in compatibility mode. You get the files from here http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp800#Dr...

I just wonder why Canon customer support couldn't have told me this instead of saying that the PIXMA MP800 is no longer supported and suggesting I use the loyalty program to get a discount on a new printer!  

Announcements