cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP 530 Error message U043 Check ink C

DeeAZ
Apprentice

I have performed all the cleaning recommendations from other posts but continue to get error U043 C. I am using Canon brand ink cartridges. I first received the error with an older Cyan cartridge that had been working fine and clearly still had ink, so I purchased a new Cyan cartridge. The new cartridge yields the same error message. All the cartridge lights glow as I seat them, except the Cyan cartridge. However, if I move any of the smaller cartridges of other colors to the Cyan slot, the cartridge light glows when the Cyan cartridge will not. If I seat the  Cyan cartridge into another slot, other than the Cyan slot, the light will not glow. So, the Cyan cartridge light will not glow in any slot whereas the other cartridges will glow in any slot. Even if I put the yellow cartridge in the cyan slot and it glows, I still get the error message "Check Ink U043 C" . If I remove all the color cartridges, I get the same error message but with Y M C as the tanks to check. If I put the yellow cartridge back in and put the majenta cartridge in the Cyan slot but leave the majenta slot empty, the error message is only for the Cyan cartridge, it does not display the magenta error message, even though the slot is empty. If I put the Cyan cartridge in the Magenta slot and the Majenta cartridge in the Cyan slot, the error message is still for the Cyan cartridge, and the light does not glow on the cyan cartridge but does glow on the majenta cartridge, even though it is in the Cyan slot. Could it be that I just have, another bad cyan cartridge?  Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DeeAZ,

It would appear as though the ink tank is faulty.  Please try a new cyan ink tank.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements