cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7720 - No Color / Misaligned / Error during Head Alignment

mjmarino1
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

So I am having an array of issues with my Canon printer, and I wanted to check here for assistance before I try bringing it into a shop.

Lately the printer has not been printing any color, and the printing is overall completely wobbly. There are also a lot of sporadic areas where the black ink fades. Basically, my printing is a total mess despite ink levels indicating there is ink in the printer.

When I try to do "Auto Head Allignment", I get a blank page and an error code saying "Error 2500 - Auto Head Alignment Failed". Furthermore, when i select "Print Nozzle check pattern", a pattern only prints under PGBK. Selecting "Cleaning" or "Deep cleaning" doesnt offer any solutions.

Any help on fixes for this are very much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try printing a nozzle check and provide a picture/scan of the print.  Visit the following link for details on how to print a nozzle check pattern:

Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After changing all of the ink cartridges to be full, and running essentially every test the printer has in it's settings, I was able to get many of the colors to show up again. However everything still remains faded, and both yellow and BK arent printing in the nozzle check.

Furthermore, for whatever reason the scan of the nozzle check came out a lot more "blocky" than the actual print on paper itself. Ive attached both the scan, as well as a photo I took of the original print on paper.Scan 1.jpegPhoto Of Print.jpg

Bumping this thread back up to hopefully get help

Hi mjmarino1,

It is recommended that 2 or 3 deep cleaning are performed in order to get magenta and cyan to print correctly from your PIXMA MG7720:

1.  Swipe the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG7720.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Deep cleaning.

4.  Tap Yes to clean the printhead.

If cyan and magenta still do not print correctly after performing deep cleanings, your PIXMA MG7720 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements