cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7720 Error message - The type of print head is incorrect - install the correct print head.

Mich777
Apprentice

Pixma MG7720 Error message - The type of print head is incorrect - install the correct print head. It has stopped working.  I have not changed the print head - all lights are solid red with the exception of M and C. I have removed the print head and cleaned it 3 times- still does not work when powered back up.  Assistance on how to fix?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mich777,

It would appear that your PIXMA MG7720 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

AEBY05486
Apprentice

Would be good if vendors informed customers that Canon printers, these days, can actually EXPIRE after the warranty runs out. When the MG7720 thinks it has the wrong print head, and replacing it does nothing, the solution, as stated above is "diagnosing it to require service," which then translates to "out of warranty units become incompatible with a new or upgraded system." I know the print head is fine because, when it takes a notion, it still prints beautiful photos between its temper tantrums. This site is offering "an opportunity to purchase a replacement," but I'll never buy another Canon printer, only to perhaps have IT also expire. So now I have a whole drawer full of expensive, useless ink cartridges. I guess being prepared doesn't always pay.

Announcements