cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7120

Rwhale
Apprentice

I have had this printer for a few years with minimal problems. But, now the PGBK250 ink cartridge will not print. When I print a normal b/w page I get nothing. For a while I was getting a light blur of the text, now I am getting nothing. I have tried to clean printheads, and the deep clean printheads commands. Following which I print a print head alignment sheet, but there is no print coming from the pgbk printhead. 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Straight from Canon:

When inks do not print correctly, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the unit as you have done to try and get the ink to print.  If the ink still does not print, and removing the print head and ink tanks in the unit, as well as replacing the ink with new ink tanks does not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please contact Canon technical support for further assistance.  

What I suggest.  Remove the ink taks and printhead (inspect and clean).  If used infrequently, it might be clogged.

Print heads have a useable life.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your response. I am a detail person, so I have no issues trying my hand to remove the printheads. Where do I find instructions on how to remove the printheads of my Pixma MG7120?

Hi Rwhale,

To reseat the printhead, please follow the steps in this Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART141309

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have done a water bath of the printhead, and the PGBK still does not print all the other colors perform beautifully. So maybe it is time to replace the printhead assembly. What does itis the cost for a replacement printhead for the Pixma MG7120? Do I order it through Canon or are they available through 3rd party? 

Hello.

If the issue persists after cleanings have been done, the printer may need to be repaired.  It would be best to check your local listings for any repair shops that might be able to examine the unit.  However, if you wanted to check on the availability of a print head, call our Sales department at 1-800-385-2155.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements