cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7120 errors

ctucker313
Apprentice

As I have been completely unable to get through to Canon support, I'm hoping someone here can help me.  I changed an ink cartridge in my Pixma MG7120 and now it is giving me an error code (1403) that the type of print head is incorrect.  It is the correct print head and even a Canon brand one.  I have tried removing the cartridge and reinserting it and also removing all the cartridges and reinserting them.  I have turned the printer on and off and unplugged it and the error continues.  If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Error 1403 indicates a problem with an installed ink cartrigde or the Print Head itself.

Using Canon branded inks is recommended.

Since you have removed and reseated the cartridges, you may need to remove, inspect and reseat the print head.  Lots of videos on the web how to do this.  Be sure to unplug the printer before removing the print head. 

Personally I wear rubber gloves when doing stuff like this.  After removing the cartridges, you pull the carrier bar forward (gently) which releases the print head.  If its dirty or has excessive ink buildup, you can clean it with Q-Tips and a little alcohol. 

Then reinsert, lock and reinstall your inks. Plug the printer back in and power on.  In many cases, simply removing and reseating the print head is enough.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ctucker313,

Please follow the steps on this page to resolve this issue:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART141309

If the 1403 error persists, your PIXMA MG7120 work require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements