cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7120 - Mac - Black & White print shows up in cyan color

magicanonaccnt
Apprentice

Hi - Am trying to print in black and white option to my printer MG7120. But it prints in cyan color, I believe.

Am using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6.

The printer ink level for black is more than 50%. The ink level for cyan shows as low though.

When I try choosing 'Color' option, it prints fine. Am not sure why black and white option is behaving weird.

Pls let me know if you need more details.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Start by printing a nozzle check pattern.  Visit THIS LINK for details about this procedure.  When the pattern prints, visit THIS LINK for an example of what the print should look like.

If any colors are missing or are broken up, cleanings should be performed.  Visit THIS LINK for details on how to perform normal and deep cleaning procedures.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael - Thanks for the response. I tried the nozzle check pattern.  My pattern looks like below. Colors M, Y, BK are not showing up in the print. I tried choosing 'Also B' option and it performed nozzle clean. Even after that, the nozzle check pattern is similar to the below. Am not sure how to troubleshoot further. Pls advice.

I did not try the deep clean option though, since it suggested it will use more ink. But am not sure how much ink it will consume. 

Nozzle pattern

Announcements