cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG7120 CANCEL BUTTON?How do I clear a paper jam trying to set up new printererror code 6000

Charlene
Apprentice

Just pruchased 7120. Doing set up  got  to the add paper  for alignment The  paper jammed and code says hit cancel  button and restart.  There is no cancel button . I cant clear the paper jam  and the only  button to access is the on/off button. Says code 6000. HAve  unlugged, restarted. Nothing makes a difference. In teh store before I bought  it, there  display  printer had teh same problem.  I asked them  what happens if I get the same thing on my new printer  they opened a  new printer  and set it up for their display. with out  problem. Now I  am home with a  new one and cant do anything, HELP! 

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi Charlene,

To try and resolve the paper jam, please turn off the printer and unplug it, then remove the back panel on the printer, then the gray plastic piece.  Hopefully, you will be able to see the paper that is jammed in the printer and be able to remove it.  

Once the gray plastic piece and back panel have been put back on, please plug the printer back in and turn it back on.  If the error persists, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Cfarinholt
Apprentice
I can't get the back cover back on! Removed the jam!!!

Hello.

Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements