cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6821 Error Code 1403

djkruse
Apprentice

Hello,

My printer suddendly developed this error 1403 error code stating that the printer head is incorrect. After trying several troubleshooting methods, I cannot get the error message to resolve. My printer is registered, but it is outside of the standard warranty coverage and paying to repair is likely to cost more than a new printer. What options do I have available to me? Are there any upgrade/exchange options available? Also, what is the part number for the printer head on the MG6821?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I am always reluctnt to recommend throwing money at a printer indicating a failed printhead... 

Try this first (remove / reseat):

Canon Knowledge Base - Reinstall or Replace the Print Head - PIXMA MG6620, MG5522, ...

It uses a qy6-0082 printhead (these are about $40)

Or Canon Upgrade:

Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Djkruse,

The 1403 error will mean there is something wrong with the printer hardware or the print head needs to be replaced. you can try the steps in the link provided HERE to see if reseating the print head resolves your issue.

If reseating the print head does not resolve the issue, you can try contacting our parts team at 1-866-481-2569 to purchase a replacement printhead. I can't guarantee that it will work since there is a small chance that there is something wrong with the carriage the print heads sits in.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements