Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pixma MG6820 IJ Scan Utility Error Message

Everytime i try to scan from my Pixma MG6820 I get one of these messages:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutility2.icadriver error -9958.)

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutilitylite.icadriver error -9958.)

I recently updated my Mac Book Pro to Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, but i also just downloaded all of the available software and driver updates from https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/crafting-printers/pixma-m....

Is there anything else I need to do to get my scanner to work? This is really frustrating.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Pixma MG6820 IJ Scan Utility Error Message

Supposedly they updated the software on Nov. 1st. The correct link is https://in.canon/en/support/0200482010 but it doesn't resolve issue.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I continue to have the same issue with the scanner utility on my PIXMA TS5020 since upgrading my Mac to Catalina 10.15.1 The November 1 update that was mentioned did not correct this.

New Contributor

Hi there. I just was having the 9958 problem with my Maxify MB2020 scanner. I worked with the technician and he found that my Bell wifi router was operating on 5G and 2.4Ghz and the printer only works on the 2.4GHz band. When I turned off 5G on my Bell router, I was able to scan. Just in case this helps...
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the tidbit. Yes, I am aware that my Canon doesn't work with 5 Ghz. Thank you for the effort! Smiley Wink