cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6250 does not print any more :-(

cobo
Apprentice

Our Pixma MG6550 was serving us so far very well, but today it decided not to print any more!

System: the printer is connected through the network, normally WLAN, but today I tested also via cable (LAN) - with same result.

Computers: both Linux (Opensuse) and WIndows 7 - result is the same.

Symptoms:

1) send a print job from the computer, either document, foto or even just a test page

2) on the computer the job appears in the print queue, status: being printed

3) the printer behaves as if nothing has happened

On both computer and printer never ever any error message appears

What is strange in addition: this behaviour is the same on ALL computers - where printing definitely worked before! Two of the computers are running Opensuse Linux, the third Windows 7.

First impression:

either the printer is "deactivated", or the network connection is not correct, or the printer is "dead" (broken)

Checks:

- printer is definitely not deactivated, on none of the 3 computers

- the network was double checked on also all 3 computers, and also a LAN connection was tried instead of WLAN

- if the print job does not come through the network but from a memory stick printing works

- I could not test a direct USB connection between computer and printer because of lack of an appropriate cable

How printing works:

- printing the printer settings directly from the printer panel

- printing a JPG from a USB stick that is plugged into the printer

- making copies directly on the printer works as well

--> conclusion: the printer engine is just fine!

Scanning:

- scanning works fine (tried from Linux)

--> conclusion: the network connection between printer and computer is working fine

What else does not work (besides printing):

- changing settings (Windows) remotely, like "quiet" modus

- remove power off (Windows)

--> this generates at least an error message:

""

Print data cannot be sent because of the current printer status.

Check that the printer is connected and the power is on. If an error has occured in the printer, clear the error.

Even when the printer is operating correctly, this message may appear if the printer is taking a long time to perform an operation. If this message does not disappear after some time, stop printing, and then print again.

""

Conclusion:

- the error must be in the printer

- it has to do with the network connection, although scanning still works via WLAN

- the printing function itself is working fine

What can I do?

Anything I can try or fix on my own?

Anything that I could consider having fixed by some service?

Or is the printer for the garbaga??

Thanks for any helpful hint!

2 REPLIES 2

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Thanks for your fast reaction and hint!

Actually I was looking for some support forum also in Europe, but did not find one, so I finally came here!

Bad luck if that specific product is not sold in the US, but I assume that many of the printers are using similar parts.

And basically my question is more or less: do I need to throw the thing to the garbage or are there possible ways to still fix it?

I do not mind if any comments refer to similar US products: this is better than having no support forum at all!

Still thanks for even more helpful hints!

cobo

Announcements