cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6120 Error Message 6A81

cedangeles
Apprentice

I have followed all the possible steps to resolve the error message like resetting the printer, checking for paper jams, cleaning the inside of the printer with a clean cloth, etc. but the problem persists.  Is there anything else that can be done, short of dismantling the printer, which I don't know how to do?  Would very much appreciate your help.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cedangeles,

You can try restarting your printer without the inks, if possible.  This way, when you restart your printer, it will force a different error message telling you it could not detect or recognize your inks. Once you have this error, install the inks back and check if it will go back to the same error message. Click HERE for instructions on how to remove your inks. 

If you cannot remove the inks or if the problem persists, the printer will require service.  Please note that this unit had been retired in 2016 and we no longer stock parts to repair or no longer offer repair on this unit. 

An option available to you is the Canon Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon's newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, AirPrint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer's warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.  Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much.  I restarted the printer without the inks,,but I got the same error message.  I even tried cleaning the ink wells.  Nothing worked.  I will have to buy a new all-in-one Canon printer.  Too bad I have all these unused ink cartridges.

I will definitely take advantage of the Canon Upgrade Program.  Which do you suggest would be a good replacement printer for home use?

@ArthurJ wrote:

Hi cedangeles,

You can try restarting your printer without the inks, if possible.  This way, when you restart your printer, it will force a different error message telling you it could not detect or recognize your inks. Once you have this error, install the inks back and check if it will go back to the same error message. Click HERE for instructions on how to remove your inks. 

If you cannot remove the inks or if the problem persists, the printer will require service.  Please note that this unit had been retired in 2016 and we no longer stock parts to repair or no longer offer repair on this unit. 

An option available to you is the Canon Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon's newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, AirPrint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer's warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.  Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi cedangeles,

I would recommend a TS6220 since it would be not far off from what you were using.

@ArthurJ wrote:

Hi cedangeles,

I would recommend a TS6220 since it would be not far off from what you were using.

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

Announcements