cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5721 message "Not Connected"

mmalemud
Apprentice

In my print dialog box on my desktop computer it says "printer not connected," even though the printer is directly wired to the computer. For years I have printed with no issue. We had a power outage during a storm, and it no longer will print. However, I can plug it into my macbook, and it prints with no problem. I just discovered Canon wants $20 in order for me to get a technical support person to help me. I am highly irritated by that. I truly would appreciate any guidance. (Also, I never set it up to print using bluetooth because I couldnt quickly figure it out... so maybe that's an optoin, too.)

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

nickber
Contributor

I am also having the same problem. Using a USB cord my MacBook Air is directly connected to the Printer but when I try to print it says that I am Offline and it won't print.... If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi,

What version of MacOS is your computer running? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Hi Arthur J,   thank you so much for getting back to me! I really appreciate it since I really have no idea how to fix it....It says I am running:  MacOS Big Sur; Version 11.7.10

Also in the little illuminated box on my printer, in the top righthand corner  it says, "DC"

Hi,

Please open the system preferences on your Mac and then select printers and scanners. Click on the printer and select the - button to remove it.  

Once the printer is removed, click HERE to open the support page for your printer and select software and drivers. You will want to download and install the MG5700 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.70.0.0, ICA Driver Ver.5.0.0 and IJ Scan Utility 2. Before you download and install the files, disconnect the printer usb cord. 

After all 3 files are installed, reconnect the scanner usb cord and in printers and scanners select the add new printer option. The printer should be detected and once added, the printer will be displayed again and should have a little green circle by it meaning you are ready to print. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

Thank you so much for helping me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it....With regards to your first sentence, I click on Printer but I don't see any place to select the - button to remove it.

I apologize for not being better with this stuff

Hi Again,

When you say, "select the - button to remove it."

Does that mean clicking the "minus sign" and then clicking on "delete printer"?

Until all the printer option in the box are gone?

Announcements