cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5550 keeps switching itself off

SuperRose
Apprentice

Hi,

My Pixma MG5550 has always worked without a hitch, but recently it keeps switching itself off when it is not in use. This is very unpractical, because the whole family uses it via the wifi network to print from various locations in the house so we want it to be on stand-by all the time, at least during the day.

It has never done this before. I'm not entirely sure, but I have the impression that this switching off thing started when we got a new router. I don't see why that would make a difference, but hey, what do I know? No problems with the wifi connection by the way, nor any other problem as far as I know.

I've tried to find a solution in the settings menu, but I can't find a stand-by settings option or anything like that.

Does anyone recognise this? Is there a fix?

Rose

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi Rose!

Welcome to The Canon Community Forums, and thank you for your post!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide direct support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States and would like support from Canon, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA. 

Have a great day!

Anyone else then, maybe?

Problem solved!

I've deleted and then re-installed the printer driver on my computer and chose the full software package - which I don't usually do because I end up never using any of the "extra's" such as Image Garden, because I prefer the freedom I get from Photoshop and Illustrator to pre-set and thus limiting (in my opinion) apps. Anyway, in the software I found energy settings, that were set to have the Pixma switch off after a certain number of hours of idleness. Set it to "never switch off" (or something like that) and that worked 🙂 I have no idea how this setting ever changed, but I'm letting all that go and am going to enjoy using my Pixma as before. Still wondering why this energy setting thing is only available through the software and not on the machine itself, though...

Rose

Announcements