cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 won't scan to PC

jaymz
Apprentice

Hello,

We have an MG5420 that was scanning fine to my PC using the Windows 7 Fax and Scan Utility. Recently Fax and Scan does not list the MG5420 when I try to scan, it only shows my old HP scanner. Printer works fine. This is over a wireless network.  OS is Win 7 home. I've downloaded and reinstalled drivers, mini master setup software, and updated the firmware from this site and still no luck.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

HI jaymz,

Are you able to scan from other programs like Microsoft Paint, or the IJ Scan Utility program that comes with the printer?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, started using IJ Scan Utility in place of Windows Fax and Scan. Only thing I need to figure out now is if there is a way to change where IJ Scan saves the Scans. My Documents folder is overloaded with items.  

Hi jaymz,

To change the save location of files scanned with the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:

1. Open the IJ Scan Utility.

2. Click the Settings button at the bottom of the window.

3. Select either the Photo Scan or Document Scan option from the left side of the window, then in the Save Settings section, click the drop-down arrow next to the SAVE IN field, then click the ADD.. option.

4. Click the ADD button in the window that appears, then navigate to the folder where you would like the images scanned into, click on it to select it, then click on the OK button. It will now be added to the destination folder list.  Note:  If you need to create a new folder to scan the images into, click the MAKE NEW FOLDER opiton in the window.

5. Click the OK button to save the changes. The selected folder will now be displayed in the SAVE IN field.

6. Click OK to close out of the SETTINGS window, then click the PHOTOS or DOCUMENTS button on the main screen to scan the photo or document. Once scanned, the items will be saved to the location specified above.

You will only need to select the desired folder this one time; everytime that you want to scan after this, the items will automatically be scanned to the save location specified above until you change it.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements