cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 won't print to CD

CanonMG4320
Apprentice

I just bought a new Canon printer to replace my old Epson R200. But now I feel very disappointed because I have tried to print to a CD with the software included and also with Surething Disc Labeler Gold 6, but it does not matter what I do, the printer does not accept to print to CD and asks to close/remove the cd tray and print to paper. It wants to print a CD label, not print to CD.

Printer settings in Windows 7 settings::

Media Type: Printable  disc (recommended)

Printer Paper Size: Disc Tray G

Paper Source: Disc tray

Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX settings:

Printer: Canon MG5300 series printer

Target Item: Standard disk 4.7"

Paper size: Printable Disc

Media Type: Printable  disc (recommended)

Paper Source: Disc tray

Surething Disc Labeler settings:

Print Using: CD/DVD Printer

Disk Type: Canon - Standard Face (tray A, F, G)

Printer: Canon MG300 series Printer

I had just printed  the alignment sheet and the test page from Windows, so the printer is NEW

Has anybody has had a similar problem, or any idea what I am doing wrong?

16 REPLIES 16

Me too!!!!!!

OK, none of this works.

I have everything you do and still nothing.

Suggestions?

Mark

Hello. 

Please contact our technical support group for additional assistance with this matter.   Please use the link below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Laudio
Apprentice

Just bought a Pixma MG7720 to print CD's. I used Espons and they broke, so I thought I would try a Canon.  So far, I am NOT HAPPY, I can NOT get this to print anything but paper.  I have used My Image Garden, Easy-Photo PRint EX and even just try to create my own from Indesign and NOTHING will let me pick the cd try to print.  Totally Frustrated.

I am printing from a Brand new iMac running Sierra 10.12.1 and I have downloaded the drivers several times and My Image Garden and Easy-Photoprint ex all several times....I called Tech Support 3 times and NOBODY at Canon has helped me with this problem.  I am ready to return the printer and go back to Epson.

Has ANYBODY printed cds with the PIxma MG7720 and a MAC running Seirra?

leonardoclom
Apprentice

I have the same problem and when I push the print button from Easy Photo Print Ex appear "error while printing"

The printer tries to print but doesn't work. What can I do?

LHPixmaMX925
Apprentice

Me too,

I bought a Pixma MX925 to do the same to replace my old Epson, I have manged to set up a disc to print and managed to print a Cd, then I couldn't print another with the same setting, left it a while, tried again and managed to print again to CD, but couldn't print another. I did this on and off for a couple of days trying to print in a number of copies to no availe, now when I try to print to Cd from this same setting the printer prints to paper. 

When I first bought the printer and tried to set up with the CD my IMac almost set-up from the cd but failed a few times eventually I had to download all the drivers and software see attached pic. Do I have all I need?

I am not a computer buff at all, just expect everything to work once your set up to go. I have found in the past that Canon software works better on Windows but find Mac more stable.

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 16.34.06.png 

This is the file I am trying to print to CD with the settings but it refuses to print for some reason.

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 16.43.59.png

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

LH

LHPixmaMX925,

When you are unable to print from the Easy-PhotoPrint program, what error occurs?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements