cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 won't print or copy

markh
Apprentice

I just changed all my ink cartridges, removed all the yellow tags, ran the deep cleaning twice and my printer runs, but the paper comes out blank. I don't use this printer much, this is only the first time I've had to replace the ink, I'd be pretty disappointed if this means it's broken. I am using the latest drivers on my mac with the latest version of mavericks, but as I mentioned in the headline, it won't copy either, so I do not think it's a software conflict. 

4 REPLIES 4

markh
Apprentice
Bump? Anyone?

I have a Pixma MG5320 that stopped printing as well.  I got the dreaded B-200 error and tried several strategies.  I could temporarily clear the error by opening the cover, turning on the printer, and closing the cover as the carriage moved to the far left.  But whatever my next step was (cleaning heads or printing a nozzle check) the error would return.  I pulled the print head and cleaned it using water and a small amount of alcohol being careful never to touch the contacts.  It took a couple hours of carefully feeding fluid through, but it came out nice.  Several hours of air drying it in a warm spot (in dry desert air) later, I re-installed the print head.

The printer behaved nicely as I did a head cleaning cycle but printed absolutely nothing.  Serveral more head cleaning cycles (including a deep clean) later, it still went through all the normal printing motions with no errors but the page was perfectly blank.  I did notice a curious thing:  I had expected the ink levels to drop after all that cleaning but it didn't.

I pulled the cartridges (which I am sure were properly seated, as was the print head) and noticed something.  The little inlet nubs where the ink transfers from the cartridge into the print head were still pretty much white, barely colored like the ink.  The rubber seals were virtually dry.  Through all that, no ink had been flowing!  I took the same cartridges and put them in my MG5220 and it printed fine, even using up one of the cartridges eventually.

So what could be wrong?  Why won't ink flow?  Is there a priming system that is not working?  I like this printer and would like to have it work again.  I hear people getting frustrated and bailing out to "anything but Canon" but really, this is a nice printer as long as it works.  I know this is not a driver issue because even when I disconnect from the computer, restart, and do functions locally, I get the same result.

I ended up being disappointed in that unit and tossed it in the garbage. I never found a good solution for it. I have a newer model now, a mx922, and every once in a while I get the B200 error and I have to pull out the tray the inks sit in and rinse it out in the sink for 20 minutes, then let it sit and dry for a day. 

Hi livetv,

With the information provided, it appears that the issue is between the communication of the print head and the printer. With the error the printer is experiencing, it will require servicing. You can check with any local electronic repair shops in your area to see if they can repair the issue. I would get a quote since it may cost more to repair the printer then it would to replace it.

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements