cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 - unable to scan via wireless

roarty58
Apprentice

macOS Mojave system

I recently reinstalled the macOS on my Mac and am now unable to use the scanner functionality of my MG5320 printer via a wireless connection.  I have no issues printing via wireless, just scanning.  If I look at the printer setup the typical "Print/Scan" options are not available in Printers & Scanners.

If I connect via USB, I have no problems.  The USB setup shows both Print and Scan functions and both work flawlessly.

Any solutions out there for getting my scanner recognized via wireless?  Note that on all Windows machines, I am able to scan via wireless and before I reinstalled my macOS I also had no problems.  The reinstallation of my macOS did not update or anyway change the version of macOS that I have installed.

Thanks.

Mike

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi roarty58,

The MG 5320 is not compatible with the Mojave operating system. You can try downloading and installing the Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra versions of the drivers and software from the Canon USA website HERE to see if this will allow the printer to work with your operating system so that you can scan.. 

You will want to download and install the CUPS, Scanner and ICA Drivers from the DRIVERS section of the webpage, and the MP Navigator Opener and MP Navigator EX files from the SOFTWARE section of the page.  If using the printer wirelessly, please also download the Canon IJ Network Tool from the SOFTWARE section of the page. 

Prior to downloading the drivers, please ensure that the OS X High Sierra v10.13 operating system is selected in the "Operating System" field on the page so that drivers for that operating system are displayed.  Please also install the items in the order listed above.

If it does work, there may be some limitations which are unknown to Canon. If the older software does not work, you do qualify for our Upgrade program.

This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements