cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 prints differently with Safari and Firefox

JoeTheAuthor
Apprentice

When I go to print something from a website using Safari, the left side of the document is cut off.  However, if I use Mozilla Firefox, I don't have that problem.  I'm using Yosemite on my Mac Mini.  I've tried reinstalling the driver for my Pixma MG5320, but it doesn't seem to help.  Also, the default paper setting is an envelope I once used.  How can I get it to default to US letter?

Is there some way to set the margins?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi JoeTheAuthor,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please open the item that you wish to print.

2.  Click on File and then Print.

3.  Click the Show Details button.

4.  Select all of the settings that you wish to make as the default print settings.

5.  Select Save Current Settings as Preset from the Presets drop down box.

6.  Give this preset a name.

7. To set as default, hold the Option key down when selecting this new preset.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When printing from the web, you may experience a cut off depending on how the page was formatted or the web browser that is being used.

To resolve this issue, please check to see if a 'Print' option is available inside or around the article or email you wish to print.  This should properly format the page for printing.

If you continue to have difficulties, please copy the text and then paste it into your desired word processing program for printing.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

You solved half the problem. But How do I change the default print option to US Letter?

Hi JoeTheAuthor,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please open the item that you wish to print.

2.  Click on File and then Print.

3.  Click the Show Details button.

4.  Select all of the settings that you wish to make as the default print settings.

5.  Select Save Current Settings as Preset from the Presets drop down box.

6.  Give this preset a name.

7. To set as default, hold the Option key down when selecting this new preset.

Announcements