cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 has stopped working - Not getting any power / Dead

jgvisser
Apprentice

While printing docs for school this evening, the printer (PIXMA MG 5320) just stopped working - like it had been powered off - and won't come back on. It printed several things and when it went to do the next doc it had no power. I have it attached to my Lenovo T400 laptop via a printer cable and also use it via Bluetooth. It has worked great for some time and now just is dead.

I've tried unplugging for 5 - 10 minutes and plugging it back in with no luck. Checked that the outlet is working and it is. Tried a different outlet and still nothing. 

I'm using Windows XP to send docs and photos. I've been very pleased, and have no idea what happened.

16 REPLIES 16

I have the smae problem and also cannot see where to contact???

Hi, KFM!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

If you're outside the United States, visit http://global.canon and pick your part of the world from the map to find help where you live.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ahlexus
Apprentice

mine just did same thing just put in brand new xl inks and bam no power errrrr.... now im in a jam and seeing this is a reacuring problem Im scared to go buy another one like it. but like I said just bought new inks, wasted money not cool, And I clicked the link it ask for model number etc I put it in and get "page cant be found" like i lost the web page" cannon.jpg

Grandma2013
Apprentice
No solution has been found. And all I've gotten from Canon is said I could get a discount on a new printer but I dont want to invest in a new one from them mine wasn't that old and didn't have any other problems with it.

gkirsch
Apprentice

My PIXMA MP560 just stopped printing.  It almost printed the first page of a two page document and it just stopped.  I had to pull the paper out of the printer.  Ever since then, the printer is dead.  I  have power from the power cord to the printer.  Any ideas out there? 

Same here, my Pixma 7150 just went dead in the middle of a print job. Very frustrating! What can we do?

broadws
Apprentice

Same exact thing with me. Working fine, then half way through a print it was like someone turned out the lights. Tested power supply with a multimeter and it is working fine, so I think it is main board level issue. A shame because this printer is only 2 years old and was working great. Without a schmatic is hard to trouble shoot the main board. Because this is such a common problem with this printer and other pixmas you have to suspect poor fusing and inferior electronic design on Canon's part.

Was getting ready to buy Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Printer,  but now am doing research on other high-end photo printers. I would like to get a printer that just will not crap out suddenly in the middle of a print job.

Announcements