cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 Printing with streaks

Gretchen313
Apprentice

My printer has started printing incompletely. It seems to mainly be the black ink. I have tried cleaning the printer heads, deep cleaning the printer heads, aligning the print heads, and exchanging the cartridge but nothing seems to be improving my print quality.  I have attadched an example.Any thoughts or ideas?

Poor Print Quality

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your image is indicative of a clogged print head.  I know you said you had performed several cleanings, but the issue persists.

Try this next, and let us know if it helps.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your suggestion. I reseated the printer head, as suggested, and did another deep clean but the problem persists. When I printed the nozzle check pattern, the only color that has issues is the one in the PGBK slot. Any other thoughts or ideas?

Hi Gretchen313,

Please try cleaning the encoder:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114102

If the issue persists, your PIXMA MG5320 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements