cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3620 jams every time.

LWRS
Apprentice

A relatively new (3 months) Pixma MG3620 started jamming every print yesterday.

Mechanically the problem is the following:

At the back of the input tray there is a white diagonal wall, to guide the paper into the turn during printing.

At one point on this wall slightly to the right of the paper feeders, there is a horizontal piece of white plastic, it is attached to a spring behind it. I believe this piece of plastic is to standardize how far in one pushes the paper before printing.

When I print this piece doesn't retract (which I assume it is supposed to do, hence the spring), pushing the paper prematurely up and jamming the printer before the piece of paper can make the turn.

The error that comes up is alternatingly a paper jam error (1303) or an error saying the printer is without paper (1003).

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI LWRS,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to your reply.

Zizirossa
Apprentice
I have the same issue.Have you contacted support? Were they able to resolve the problem?

I have contacted support.

They were unable to direct me how to fix the problem on my own but were very helpful in that they sent me a new printer and I returned the old one.

Announcements