Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Pixma MG3600 driver gui missing interactions buttons

I have a Pixma MG3620 and using latest driver win-mg3600-1_0-mcd on Windows 10.

The problem is the GUI windows from the driver does not show the buttons for me to go forward with the install. 

Computer: HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030

RAM: 16 Gb

I have tried multiple resolutions and restarted the driver, restarted the computer, set the properties of the exe file to execute in Windows 8 compatibility mode, disable full screen, execute in 640 X 480 (all combinations of those properties)  with same results.

GUI.PNG

How can I get the GUI to show the missing buttons at the bottom?

New Contributor

Re: Pixma MG3600 driver gui missing interactions buttons

Got it working from a feature about large resolution support disabled. The only option was to unable it and log off. It worked and I cannot find this setting where it comes from. 

Sorry for the patial answer. 

Would be nice to have a driver a little more robust. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pixma MG3600 driver gui missing interactions buttons

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

Are you in Canada?

Maybe try running the installer intended for your region:

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1011540/loc/en_US#__highlight

Fixes:

[Ver.1.01] - The failure that may disable installation when PC detects the printer before driver is installed is modified. (Windows 10)

Might be unrelated to your issue, but a better match for your device none the less.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw