cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3600 Error Code 5,206,8

mrs86
Apprentice

I use Windows10. My scanning feature has been working perfectly fine until this morning. I have not moved the printer or anything since the last time it was used and now it is coming up with the error code saying it can't be used while in use with another user or application. I have no applications opened and no other users of the computer. I tried uninstalling and reinstallling the software and some other troubleshooting methods but none have worked.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

This error can also be caused by when either security software or a firewall blocks the scanner driver from working correctly. Since reinstalling the driver did not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Microsoft and have they check your computer to see if anything is blocking the scanner driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ekimsok2024
Apprentice

My TS6020 stopped scanning with the same error code 5,206,8. PLaying around I scanned and printed when I chose B&W to scan but not when I wanted color. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements