cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3550 not printing black

kcollord
Apprentice

Hello.  I have a Canon Pixma MG3550 printer which has worked very well for two years.  Now suddenly it is not printing with black ink.  The ink cartridge is new.  I thought it was the cartridge and replaced it, but it was not the cartridge.  Nor is it the feed mechanism because I did a perfectly clear test print last night when I consulted the troubleshooting unit in my user's manual.

But today two flashing yellow lights go on and I am told to replace the empty color cartridge.  I don't want to print in color, only in black.  I don't have a color cartridge and can't get one now because my country is in lockdown. Somewhere the printer or the computer is not getting the message that I want to print only in black.

What can you suggest?

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi kcollord,

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA MG3550 is neither sold nor supported by our team here at Canon USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

lwalker62
Apprentice

Perhaps try this: after you send something to print, when the dialog box pops up, go to Printer Properties. Then go to Page Set-up, and then to Print Options. You should see a drop down with options such as Print with all colors and Print Only PGBK. See if that might work

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements